Horizontal Broaching Centers
Designed for quality and flexibility the Phoenix Horizontal Broaching Center provides a tailored solution to your broaching needs. Constructed with cast iron and heavy duty fabricated major components, the broaching center provides absolute rigidity even under cutting loads exceeding 50 tons. Phoenix Horizontal Broaching Centers are custom-made to your stroke, number of cutting tool rows and part swing requirements meaning you buy only what you need and nothing more. Depending on your application, up to 4 rows of tooling and 6 axes (including cone and helix angles) can be provided. Phoenix also can design broach bodies for custom tooling.
As with everything we do, we started big with the first machine being a 380”, 3 row, 5-axis CNC broaching center. Since then we have been making broaches in all sizes. Our broaching centers are used primarily for rough and finishing disks for aircraft engines and land based turbines.
- Horizontal Stroke - from 180” to over 380”
- Part Swing - 24”, 36”, 48” to 60”
- # of Rows - from 1 to 4
- 3 - 6 axes
- Design and Manufacture broach bodies for custom tooling - Available
- CNC Controlled - Pre-programmed with “fill in the blank” macro programs.
- Helix Angle - -45 to 45 degrees
- Cone Angle - 0 to 20 degrees
- All Axes except ram are automatically hydraulically clamped.
- Ram controlled as an axis eliminating the need for hydraulics, cams and switches
- Ways - Hardened and ground not requiring linear guides
- Base, saddles and Column - Class 35-40 cast iron for stability and vibration reduction
- Ball Screw - 3” diameter with 8 support bearings for large load capacity
- Finite Element Analysis - To optimize strength and reduce weight
- Tool Monitoring - Available to detect a worn tool and display a message informing the operator where the worn tool is located.